Are you having difficulty becoming pregnant? Do you have unexplained infertility? Have the doctors recommended artificial reproductive technologies (ARTs)? We can help! Our treatments will increase your fertility and prepared you for a healthy pregnancy.
Acupuncture by Devon, in partnership with Conceivable, has designed a comprehensive fertility plan that addresses the major causes of infertility and helps patients reach the goals of parenthood.
Results of Fertility Treatment
Whether you want to naturally promote fertility or increase the efficacy of assisted reproductive therapies (ART), our fertility plan:
- Decreases the chances of miscarriage
- Eliminates stress and promotes emotional balance
- Regulates hormone levels and relaxes the uterus
- Improves ovarian functions and the quality and quantity of follicles
- Promotes blood flow to the uterus and thickens uterine lining for implantation
- Reduces side-effects of western drugs and intervention
- Strengthens the immune system
Contact us today to schedule your fertility treatment consultation!
Acupuncture by Devon’s Fertility Treatment
If you haven’t been able to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse, you’re experiencing what’s known as infertility. You’re also not alone: 1 in 8 couples are diagnosed with infertility (2002 National Survey of Family Growth) and this estimate continues to grow.
Traditional Chinese Medicine provides a solution by returning your body to balance so you’re producing and appropriately responding to your body’s own hormones. This goal does take time, and noticeable hormonal shifts usually take more than three months to experience. Acupuncture by Devon’s fertility treatment includes:
- Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine: Acupuncture and herbal medicine correct hormonal imbalances as well as inflammation and infections, which are common causes of infertility. These imbalances are identified through basal body temperature charts, symptoms and if needed, lab testing. After determining the cause(s) of infertility, patients will be prescribed three formulas correlating with their cycle days, as well as acupuncture 1-2 times a week for 12-18 weeks. At this point, we expect the patient to be 80-85% of the way to achieving conception. This amount of acupuncture treatments can be reduced due to financial or scheduling constraints but know this will also prolong your journey to conception.
- Lifestyle Changes: Poor nutrition, lack of water, reduced sleep and no exercise cause hormonal disruptions and inflammation, which greatly decrease the chances of conception. We believe your journey to conception is a partnership. Patients will track various fertility factors including water intake, sleep hours, mental wellness and recommended a fertility diet. These factors will be reviewed prior to treatments to celebrate the successes and identify areas of improvement.
- Stress Management: Stress majorly impacts our health and, in particular, the reproductive function. While we can readily identify external causes of stress, most stress comes from internal sources such as adrenal fatigue, blood sugar imbalance and lack of sleep – all of these can harm egg and embryo development. We design an individualized stress management program including acupuncture, self-massage, meditation and visualization to reduce stress and promote fertility.
IUI and IVF Support
In some cases, assisted reproductive therapies (ART) is the only viable solution for a couple. Research has shown that acupuncture alone can increase the success rate of IUI and IVF by 35%. Acupuncture, in combination with dietary changes, stress management, and nutritional supplements, has the potential to double these chances by balancing hormone levels prior to the procedure. For optimal results, contact us at least three months prior to implantation to begin treatment. However, acupuncture treatments pre and post-IUI/IVF within 48 hours also have a significant impact on success rates.
According to the latest studies, male sperm quality had declined by 50% since 1973 and are often is an area overlooked when couples are experiencing fertility challenges. This may be due to low sperm count, decreased quality or movement of the sperm or a structural change in the sperm that impedes the sperm and egg connecting. We help address male infertility by recommending dietary changes, a course of acupuncture treatment and individualized herbal remedies.
LGBT Community Support
At Acupuncture by Devon, we believe everyone deserves to have a family! We support the LGBT community through fertility enhancement, working with surrogates and providing pregnancy care.
We’d love to help you become a parent. Contact us today to discuss your fertility plan!