Our goal is always for you to achieve your highest well-being. Acupuncture by Devon is committed to helping you attain and maintain health through a variety of customized services focused on lifestyle education. As a certified wellness coach and lifestyle educator, Devon combines these services with acupuncture so you achieve maximum physical, mental and emotional balance.
Our Lifestyle Education Programs
Lab Testing & Individualized Lifestyle Programs
As a Primary Health Practitioner (PCP) in California, lab testing is part of my scope of work. When certain signs and symptoms are reported or progress in treatment has plateaued, incorporating lab testing can be an important tool. By conducting a blood chemistry panel, we gain valuable information about major systems of the body and patterns that may be impacting your health. With this information we can assess:
- Adrenal function
- Blood and immune system health
- Blood sugar regulation
- Gastrointestinal and digestive health
- Kidney health
- Liver and gall bladder health
- Nutrient deficiencies
- pH balance
- Thyroid health
- Toxicity and inflammation
Based on this information, we create customized lifestyle and nutritional recommendations to improve your health. We can also identify health issues early on, as well as monitor your improvement over time.
FirstLine Therapy® Metabolic Syndrome Program
This personalized lifestyle modification plan provides a guide to reduce disease. Designed to help you achieve and maintain a healthy body composition (lean muscle-to-fat ratio), this program improves your health, manages disease and reduces your risk of more serious conditions. Specifically the FirstLine Therapy® program:
- Establishes realistic, personalized goals to improve your health
- Monitors your progress and helps you stay on track
- Teaches you how to eat and shop for healthy, nutritious foods
- Encourages appropriate exercise that builds muscle and reduces fat
- Helps you manage unhealthy stress
Stress Management Workshops
Acupuncture by Devon partners with Dr. Dana Lopez, licensed psychologist, to conduct stress management workshops throughout the year. These workshops focus on:
- Identifying individual stress types and learning on how it affects your body
- Cultivating stress management techniques to combat barriers to health so you can live a happier life
- Discovering how nutrition, bodywork and restricted thinking can decrease your stress
Participants have used these techniques to empower themselves in their daily lives by reducing stress, maintaining mental, physical and emotional wellness and providing clarity in your daily life choices.
If you’re interested in any or all of our Lifestyle Education Programs, call us today to see what program is right for you!