Are you suffering from chronic or acute back pain and searching for an effective method for immediate and long-lasting relief? Acupuncture can help!
Whether it’s acute upper back pain or chronic lower back pain, acupuncture alleviates the existing symptoms. With a continued series of sessions, we identify and treat the cause, reducing future episodes of back pain.
Our back pain treatments include:
- Medical history and orthopedic assessment
- Acupuncture using a combination of motor point therapy and traditional acupuncture points
- Additional therapies as needed, including electrical stimulation, heat therapy, cupping massage, Kinesiotape and natural muscle relaxants
- Posture correction exercises to facilitate continued home care
Call us today to schedule an appointment to relieve your back pain!
Do you have acute or chronic back pain?
Acute Back Pain
Acute back pain is short-term and most often caused by a sudden injury to the muscles and ligaments supporting the back. Sports injuries, overtraining and car accidents are the most common causes of acute back pain. This sharp pain is aggravated by specific movements, and also includes visible inflammation and tenderness with strong massage.
Chronic Back Pain
Chronic injury and re-occurring trauma are the culprits for chronic back pain. Patients with sedentary lifestyles or those working in occupations that require repetitive movements or awkward positions most commonly suffer from this type of back pain. Chronic low back pain is usually the result of poor posture and ergonomics. This dull and constant pain often responds well to massage and heat therapy.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is the most common health complaint worldwide and the number one reason why patients seek acupuncture treatment. Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain treatments and it’s one of the most common reasons for missed work. The causes of back pain include:
- Compression fractures from osteoporosis
- Cancer involving the spine
- Fracture of the spinal cord
- Muscle spasms
- Ruptured or herniated disk
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine curvatures
- Strain or tears to the muscles or ligaments
Acupuncture by Devon wants to help you live pain-free. Call us today to schedule an appointment!