Do you experience pelvic pain and discomfort throughout your menstrual cycle? Has your gynecologist diagnosed you with ovarian cysts or fibroids? Acupuncture can reduce cyst size and manage your pain. At Acupuncture by Devon’s, we designed a comprehensive plan that addresses the causes of cyst formation and reduces growth size while eliminating pain and discomfort.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture combined with electrical stimulation reduces the size of ovarian cysts and fibroids while managing the pain experienced during a menstrual cycle.
- Herbal Medicine: Herbal medicine is an at home therapy used to reduce and eliminate cysts and fibroids as well as balance hormones which are often the underlying cause.
- Lifestyle Changes: Poor nutrition and diet can cause hormonal disruptions, inflammation, and reduced lymphatic flow resulting in the growth of fibroids and cysts. Eliminating harmful foods, increasing exercise and learning mindfulness techniques will keep the growths at bay.
- Breathing Techniques: Breathing exercises significantly change the body’s chemistry. Short, daily breathing meditations will relax the abdomen and uterus minimizing re-growths.
- Essential Oils: Oils application is effective reducing intense pain during as well and shrinking and eliminating the cyst or fibroid.
What is a uterine cyst or fibroid?
A cyst is a fluid-filled sac made up of protein molecules that can form anywhere in the body, but most often are found in the uterus or ovaries. Uterine fibroids are rubbery nodules that begin as irregular cells in the muscular layers of the uterus and grow slowly into tumor-like masses of connective tissue and smooth muscle. Both can be a cause for heavy, painful menstrual cycles and can be an obstacle in achieving pregnancy.
What are the signs you have a fibroid or cyst?
Many times cysts and fibroids are asymptomatic and are diagnosed by your gynecologist. If you do experience symptoms, they may include:
- Pressure, swelling, or pain in the abdomen
- Pelvic pain
- Heavy painful periods
- Problems passing urine completely
- Pain during sex
- Weight gain
- Abnormal bleeding
- Nausea or vomiting
- Breast tenderness
Contact Acupuncture by Devon today to start your pain free life!