My name is Caydin and now I am 10 years old. This is my story……
The first time the North Park Fire Department, engine #12, showed up after a 911 call my mom knew she had a problem. I was 2 ½ years old at the time and had difficulty breathing. I was admitted to Children’s Hospital for a severe sinus and respiratory infection. For the next 4 years I had severe sinus, ear and respiratory infections. I had many sinus infections resulting in 3 sinus surgeries, 2 ear surgeries and 3 hospitalizations for severe respiratory infections. In 2006 I woke up literally sipping for air. My mom rushed me to Children’s Hospital and I was there for a week. They tried IV antibiotics to help the severe sinus infection, doses of Albuterol to help me breathe and they even flew in the Mercy Air paramedics to give me IV antibiotics because I was so sick.
My mom would stay up at night because I would cough so bad it would make me throw up. She would tell me it sounded like seals were barking in my bedroom. She would come in and give me medicine through my nebulizer.
My mom removed all my stuffed animals, carpet, blankets and from my bedroom. I reached a turning point one day when I was so sick and my hands were shaking so bad I could not do my homework. I would give the answers to my mom and she would write them down for me. My hands were shaking because I was taking so many medications to stop my sinus infections and to help me breathe. I told my mom that I was not going to take the medication anymore because it didn’t make me feel good. I used to go to Allergy specialists and they would give me Singulair, Pulmicort & Albuterol in a nebulizer, allergy shots once a week, sinus rinses, lots of antibiotics and prednisone. Once I went to Disneyland and had an asthma attack and we had to use my nebulizer so I could breathe.
By the time I started acupuncture my immune system was so weak from all the antibiotics. Devon started me on these drops called Lung Qi Jr. and they tasted awful. J After treatment with Devon for 6 months my immune system was so much stronger. One time during my treatment I got a cold/respiratory congestion and I remember my mom being so scared that we would have to go back to taking all the medications. But I was actually able to fight it off with rest and all natural sinus rinses and in a few days I felt better.
Some of the worst things for me:
- I couldn’t do my homework because my hands would shake so bad
- I was always stuffy and had green stuff in my nose
- I always had to carry my nebulizer everywhere
- I missed my birthday 2 years in a row because I was sick
Devon is more than amazing and this is what I have to say about her:
- She uses herbs to make you feel better
- She is very knowledgeable about her treatment
- She truly cares about her patients
- She made me feel better.
We are so thankful for Devon, her knowledge, care and desire to help you get and stay strong. Thank you so much Devon!
- Weekly acupuncture treatments for 8 weeks to boost the immune system
- Moxibustion and cupping to improve lung function and clear obstructions
- Prescribed a daily herbal remedy taken for 6 months to increase immune system
- As needed, a herbal formula to clear the sinus infection before it entered into the lungs
- Maintenance acupuncture treatments once per month for four months